Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Am I Risk Adverse?

I’m currently blessed to be employed.  Due to the circumstances of my employment I am surrounded by people who are in the process of losing their jobs due to a decision to off-shore their jobs.  Needless to say the environment is a little hostile.
This is proving to be a fascinating study in human nature.  Some people sit and moan about the tragedy about to befall them.  They wander the halls weeping and wailing, mourning their loss. 
Some are confused with the situation.  They know that opportunities are out there, but have no idea how to take advantage of them.
Then there are those who are taking the opportunity to reinvent themselves.  Stepping outside of their comfort zone.  Looking at jobs that the little voice in their head would normally be saying no to.  Taking that risk. 
I’ve learned that without risk, there is no reward. 
So, to answer my own question am I risk adverse? No.

No comments: