Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Voice

I am a terrifying person.

With the sound of my sweet dulcet tones, I stun telephone people speechless and they hang-up their phones without uttering a word. Plants wither and decompose. Famine strikes and entire economies crumble.

This is a power that must be used wisely and with great care. I wouldn’t want to accidentally stun the wrong person. Hmmmm let’s say, My Boss.

I have to give people credit for their persistence. Come on people, I’m paid to answer my boss’ telephone. He doesn’t pick-up numbers he doesn’t recognize. I get that privilege.
No matter how many times you call, he won’t pick up! Talk to me and you might, just might have a snowball’s chance of making an impression.

Otherwise, I will continue to wield my weapon of mass destruction. My voice.

No comments: