Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

The Hierarchy of Things

In the grand scheme of things there will always be bigger fish and smaller fish in the hierarchical order of the universe.  By law the bigger fishfishiesis meant to chomp the smaller fish and on down the line, or so Darwin would have you believe.  But as a smaller, more clever, and agile fish swimming in a pool filled with large sharks, I have found that my ability to think fast and maneuver on a dime to be ahead of the sharp teeth of the carnivorous predators that swim in my waters.

Working in the corporate environment is often a drama of survival of the most clever.  Who can adapt to the newest paradigm, avoid the latest pitfalls, and stay ahead of the bigger, less agile predator.

So I swim smart, swiftly and sleekly through the corporate waters of life, working to keep my fins intact and knowing that I have a lot of life lessons still to learn.

No comments: