Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Oh NO He Didn't

Gentle Reader, here is an authentic conversation had during Admin Gal’s very hectic busy day.  Admin Gal would like to point out the numerous egregious errors of this sales person.



Admin Gal: “Thank you for calling XXXXX.  How may I help you?”
India Sales Guy: "Hello, I'm looking for the CIO of your company XXXXXX? Can you direct me you him?"
Admin Gal: “I’m sorry we have no XXXXX in the company directory.”
India Sales Guy: “Can you tell me who the CIO is?” (Strike #1)
Admin Gal: “No”
India Sales Guy: “Why not?”
Admin Gal: “Did your even research my company?”
India Sales Guy: “No. Does that matter?” (Strike #2)
Admin Gal (completely flummoxed by the lack of preparedness and sheer lack of survival skills of this sales person): “Of course it matters, I’m not paid to do your job.  Please research my company.”

The intrepid Admin Gall then ends the call, annoyed but already on to other things.
15 minutes later, the phone rings.  Admin Gal is unable to answer the phone because she has someone at her cubicle.  She picks up the call she let go to voice mail after her visitors left.

India Sales Guy: “I’ve done my research, the CIO is XXXXX.” CLICK (Strike #3)

Admin Gal stares at her telephone in disbelief.
Another 15 minutes, the phone rings again.  Admin Gal picks up.

Admin Gal: “Thank you for calling XXXX. How may I help you?”
India Sales Guy: “I’ve done my research, the CIO is XXXXX.”CLICK


India Sales Guy STILL got the CIO name wrong, called Admin Gal back THREE times internationally in order to prove himself right.

Could India Sales Guy prove his childishness anymore.  All she needed was a face with  the fingers wiggling in the ears and the tongue sticking out.

However, Admin Gal did get his company name.

Who has the last laugh?

No comments: