Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Need a Miracle? Mighty Admin to the Rescue!

You're no good unless you are a good assistant;
and if you are, you're too good to be an assistant. 
~Martin H. Fischer
One of my directors pokes her head around the wall of my cubicle with a sheepish yet cautious look on her face.  I’m immediately suspicious. 
“What can I do for you?”
“I know this is last minute, but I need a meeting set up with …” And she names three top officers in the corporation, “Can you arrange it for this afternoon or first thing in the morning?”
On the screen in my mind I see myself, strangling this director and banging her head against the wall while chanting, “Lack of planning on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on MINE!”
Reality:  “Of course!”  And I get the details and set about pulling another miracle from my nether regions.

No comments: